Re: [HACKERS] changing major/minor on libpq for releases ...

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [HACKERS] changing major/minor on libpq for releases ...
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
The Hermit Hacker <scrappy@hub.org> writes:
> Just curious, but how do ppl handle running two different versions on the
> same machine?  I want to start up a v6.5 server where v6.4.2 server
> already exists...

Run them with different port addresses.  I do it all the time...

> I'm wondering if it might make sense to up the libpq on a release, so that
> this can work?

No, I don't think that's a good idea.  There's no reason to break binary
compatibility of libpq when setting PGPORT will do the job; the same
psql binary (or any other application) can talk to either release.

От: The Hermit Hacker
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] User requests now that 6.5 is out
От: "Jackson, DeJuan"
Сообщение: RE: [HACKERS] changing major/minor on libpq for releases ...