Re: Random-looking primary keys in the range 100000..999999

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Random-looking primary keys in the range 100000..999999
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Kynn Jones <kynnjo@gmail.com> writes:
> The requirements I've been given for the keys is that they be numeric,
> reasonably easy to type (hence, no 40-digit keys), never beginning with 0,
> and carrying no additional information content (or even suggesting it).

Why not just

(random()*899999)::int + 100000

This is unlikely to be cryptographically secure, but you didn't say you
needed that.  You will need to check for collisions, but that seems like
something you really ought to do anyway.

От: Kynn Jones
Сообщение: Re: Random-looking primary keys in the range 100000..999999
От: David Wall
Сообщение: Re: pg_dump slower than pg_restore