Re: git: uh-oh

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: git: uh-oh
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Max Bowsher <maxb@f2s.com> writes:
> On 08/09/10 00:37, Robert Haas wrote:
>> but if our CVS repository is busted maybe
>> we should be looking to fix that rather than complaining about
>> cvs2git.

> A possibility. We'd need a tool which would insert an extra node into
> the history graph of an RCS file. Unless we can bodge it by using
> x.y.z.0 as a revision id, it would also need to renumber all the
> revisions on the branch. Still, cvs2git has code to parse the RCS
> format, so it's probably achievable without too much work.

I did some experimentation with manual surgery on (a copy of ;-))
it.po,v and found that x.y.z.0 does seem to work; at least CVS isn't
obviously unhappy with it.  So transformations as simple as illustrated
below might be enough to fix this.  I do not have a copy of cvs2git
at hand to see what it does with this, though.
        regards, tom lane

*** ./it.po,v~    Tue Sep  7 22:56:48 2010
--- ./it.po,v    Tue Sep  7 23:01:47 2010
***************
*** 173,179 **** 1.7 date    2010.02.19.00.40.04;    author petere;    state Exp; branches
!     1.7.6.1; next    1.6;  1.6
--- 173,179 ---- 1.7 date    2010.02.19.00.40.04;    author petere;    state Exp; branches
!     1.7.6.0; next    1.6;  1.6
***************
*** 206,211 ****
--- 206,216 ---- branches; next    ;
+ 1.7.6.0
+ date    2010.02.19.00.40.04;    author petere;    state dead;
+ branches;
+ next    1.7.6.1;
+  1.7.6.1 date    2010.05.13.10.50.03;    author petere;    state Exp; branches;
***************
*** 3636,3641 ****
--- 3641,3654 ---- @
+ 1.7.6.0
+ log
+ @log addition on branch
+ @
+ text
+ @@
+
+  1.7.6.1 log @Translation update

От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: Streaming a base backup from master
От: Fujii Masao
Сообщение: Re: Synchronization levels in SR