Re: problem with my function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: problem with my function
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Johnson, Shaunn" <SJohnson6@bcbsm.com> writes:
> drop function t_fastfunc(integer);
> create function t_fastfunc(integer)
> returns interger

Try spelling "integer" correctly.

> psql:./function_cnt.sql:18: NOTICE:  ProcedureCreate: return type 'interger'
> is only a shell
> Question: What exactly is it tryiing to tell me about not returning a value?
> And could someone explain what it means by 'only a shell'?

It's trying to warn you that you are getting into deep waters.  When you
create a function that's declared to return a previously-unheard-of type
name, the system will take it, on the possibility that you are trying to
create the input function for a type you are about to declare.  So
there's an entry made in pg_type ... but it's only a "shell" not a
completed type, and you can't do anything else with it until you declare
the type properly.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Data Type
От: grant
Сообщение: Re: Case Insensitive Data Type