Re: Addled index

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Addled index
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Alban Hertroys <haramrae@gmail.com> writes:
> If there's actually something wrong with the database; it looks a bit like your tables and your indexes get out of
syncsomehow, which normally wouldn't be possible. I'm mostly guessing, but perhaps one of the below has something to do
withit:
> Maybe you turned fsync off?
> What type of index is that? A standard btree or one of the newer types?
> Are those tables and indexes perhaps on some kind of virtual storage or on a file-system that might be rolling back
file-systemtransactions? It this database perhaps a replicated node?

More generally: since we're not hearing this type of complaint from
other people, there must be something pretty unusual about your
installation.  You've provided no information that would suggest what,
though.  Aside from Alban's questions, some other things come to mind:

* is that a plain text column, or some other data type?
* what collation/ctype is your database using?
* what nondefault parameter settings are you using?
* where did you get the Postgres executables from?  Some distro (whose)?
  If they're self-built, what compiler and configuration settings did
  you use?
* what platform is this?  I would not rule out kernel bugs or flaky
  hardware.

От: Jason Dusek
Сообщение: Analyzing the types of prepared statements
От: Oleg Alexeev
Сообщение: Re: Addled index