Will Postgres12 installed on a RHEL 6 server continue to function after the server get O/S upgrade to RHEL 7?

От Peter Lee
Тема Will Postgres12 installed on a RHEL 6 server continue to function after the server get O/S upgrade to RHEL 7?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Dear Postgresql community:

We are very new users of the Postgresql databases!

We have noticed that there is a separate Postgres installation files for different version of the same O/S such as Redhat Linux (one Postgres install file for RHEL 6, one Postgres intall file for RHEL 7, one Postgres install file for RHEL 8, etc.)

Question:  will Postgres databases (such as Postgres12 originally installed on a RHEL 6 server) continue to function properly after the server get O/S upgrade to RHEL 7??

Thank you very much,

-Peter

От: Peter Geoghegan
Сообщение: Re: Processing btree walks as a batch to parallelize IO
От: Noah Misch
Сообщение: Re: Anti-critical-section assertion failure in mcxt.c reached by walsender