Re: [SQL] Question about comments

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] Question about comments
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Gordon Clarke <gordonc@cyberbiz.net.au> writes:
> I'm running Postgresql 6.3.2.

> When ones gets help on the built-in commands that start with '\' there is
> a command '\dd [object]'. In the comments is says that it lists the
> comment for the object, eg. table, field etc.

> Is this command operative under 6.3.2? If so, how does one get the
> comment(s) into those objects? The '\h create table' etc gives no idea.
> Also which of the system tables (pg_?) are these comments written to?

pg_description, I believe.  AFAIK there's no special support for adding
entries to it :-(.  You can insert entries manually, but it'd be nicer
to have some kind of specialized command for that...
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Nicolas Cadou"
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Missing PL/pgSQL library
От: Clayton Cottingham
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] is this possible, maybe a todo ? function related