Re: Update "usename" in pg_user

От Dischner, Anton
Тема Re: Update "usename" in pg_user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi all,

thats what Bard has to offer:

write me a bash script to rename all users for postgresql. i want to append "@email.com"

Sure, here is a bash script to rename all users for PostgreSQL and append "@email.com":
Bash#!/bin/bash

# Get all users
users=$(psql -c "SELECT usename FROM pg_user;" | grep -v "postgres")

# Rename all users
for user in $users; do
psql -c "ALTER USER $user RENAME TO $user@email.com;"
done

# Display success message
echo "All users have been renamed successfully."

To use this script, simply save it as a file with a .sh extension (e.g., rename_users.sh) and make it executable by running the following command:
Bashchmod +x rename_users.sh

Then, you can run the script to rename all users by running the following command:
Bash./rename_users.sh

This script will rename all users in the current PostgreSQL database. If you want to rename all users in a specific database, you can specify the database name as an argument to the psql command. For example, to rename all users in the database "my_database", you would run the following command:
Bashpsql -d my_database -c "SELECT usename FROM pg_user;" | grep -v "postgres"

You can also modify the script to append a different string to the end of the usernames. For example, to append the string "@example.com", you would change the line "ALTER USER $user RENAME TO $user@email.com;" to the following line:
BashALTER USER $user RENAME TO $user@example.com;

Best,

Anton

От: jacob ndinkwa
Сообщение: How to configure Repmgr
От: Holger Jakobs
Сообщение: Re: Update "usename" in pg_user