Re: Integer datetimes

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Integer datetimes
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek.Kotala@Sun.COM> writes:
> The result will be two datatypes datetime and timestamp_int or timestamp_float.

This is not happening, at least not without 100 times more work than
anyone has shown willingness to put into the issue.  It seems fairly
clear that everyone thinks the int64 datatypes will be the mainstream
usage, and the float implementation will be interesting only on very
old platforms or for very specialized applications.  I cannot see us
putting in the effort needed to refactor the code as two
simultaneously-available datatypes.

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Commit Fest (was Re: Sort Refinement)
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Commit Fest (was Re: Sort Refinement)