Re: Unicode support

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unicode support
Дата
Re: Unicode support  (Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> This isn't about the number of bytes, but about whether or not we should
> count characters encoded as two or more combined code points as a single
> char or not.

It's really about whether we should support non-canonical encodings.
AFAIK that's a hack to cope with implementations that are restricted
to UTF-16, and we should Just Say No.  Clients that are sending these
things converted to UTF-8 are in violation of the standard.

От: Jaime Casanova
Сообщение: Re: proposal: add columns created and altered to pg_proc and pg_class
От: Greg Stark
Сообщение: Re: Unicode support