Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
"Larry Rosenman" <lrosenman@pervasive.com> writes:
>> Uh, it is an _admin_ function, not an application programmer
>> function.

> but libpq is the only thing that knows where it is, and I had proposed a
> way for psql to use the function to get it.

It'd make more sense for pg_config to expose this as one of the
available information bits.  The difference from the thread-support
case is that you'd typically want to get the pg_service.conf location
manually, and that's exactly what pg_config is designed for.  Verifying
thread support, on the other hand, is something that a program would
want to do.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: PL/pgSQL 'i = i + 1' Syntax
От: "Larry Rosenman"
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] Querying libpq compile time options