Re: Many 8.3 server crashes in xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers()

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Many 8.3 server crashes in xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers()
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Matt Magoffin" <postgresql.org@msqr.us> writes:
> Do you still happen to have that
> database dump I provided to you previously?

Not sure --- when are you thinking of, and what was the context?
I don't usually keep sample data unless the issue still seems open.

> I also noticed these in my log file, don't know if this is helpful:
> TRAP: FailedAssertion("!(pointer == (void *) (((long) ((pointer)) + ((4) -
> 1)) & ~((long) ((4) - 1))))", File: "mcxt.c", Line: 581)
> LOG:  server process (PID 714) was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap
> TRAP: BadArgument("!(((header->context) != ((void *)0) &&
> (((((Node*)((header->context)))->type) == T_AllocSetContext))))", File:
> "mcxt.c", Line: 589)
> LOG:  server process (PID 633) was terminated by signal 6: Abort trap

These are consistent with the idea that we've got a memory-allocation
problem, ie, libxml is trying to access data that was already freed.
But exactly where and how is not any more clear than before.

FWIW, I think it's unlikely that a single query will reproduce this,
because the problem looks to be an expectation that leftover data is
still valid when it ain't.  What you need to be looking for is a series
of two or more queries that crash PG.  Possibly it'll be easier to
reproduce with that in mind ...

От: "Matt Magoffin"
Сообщение: Re: Many 8.3 server crashes in xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers()
От: "Matt Magoffin"
Сообщение: Re: Many 8.3 server crashes in xmlCleanupCharEncodingHandlers()