Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> I really think that a GUC named "max_parallel_workers", which in fact
>> limits the number of workers and not something else, is the way to go.

> What is your opinion on the internal name for this?  Leave it as "degree"?

If that proposal is accepted, I am willing to go through the code and
rename everything internally to match (and, in fact, would insist on
that happening).  But I think the current debate is primarily around
how we present this to users, so talking about the documentation seems
sufficient for the moment.

> The change from two to three for the default sneaked in there...

Well, that would be the same effective value under Robert's patch.

От: "David G. Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Rename max_parallel_degree?