Re: [SQL] Column name's length

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: [SQL] Column name's length
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
"Pham, Thinh" <tpham@mail.priority.net> writes:
> I modified the sources as mentioned by Zalman Stern. Compiled and installed
> with no problem. But when i try to connect to the database "template1" or
> try to create another database, it dumped core. Below is the error message:

You will need to do an initdb --- you are making an incompatible change
in the format of the database.  pg_dump with old code, initdb and reload
with new.

Note that NAMEDATALEN is visible to client applications, which probably
means that libpq, psql, etc, will not interoperate across the two
different settings either.  We're talking rebuild from the ground up here.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: [SQL] Data recovery
От: "Pham, Thinh"
Сообщение: RE: [SQL] Column name's length