Re: Adding a pg_servername() function

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: Adding a pg_servername() function
Дата
Re: Adding a pg_servername() function  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On 09.08.23 08:42, Laetitia Avrot wrote:
> I agree that the feature I'm suggesting could be done with a few tricks.
> I meant to simplify the life of the user by providing a simple new
> feature. (Also, I might have trust issues with DNS due to several past
> production disasters.)
>
> My question is very simple: Do you oppose having this feature in Postgres?

I think this is pretty harmless(*) and can be useful, so it seems
reasonable to pursue.

(*) But we should think about access control for this.  If you're in a
DBaaS environment, providers might not like that you can read out their
internal host names.  I'm not sure if there is an existing permission
role that this could be attached to or if we need a new one.

От: Yuya Watari
Сообщение: Re: [PoC] Reducing planning time when tables have many partitions
От: Anthonin Bonnefoy
Сообщение: Re: POC: Extension for adding distributed tracing - pg_tracing