Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file

От Alban Hertroys
Тема Re: Using psql -f to load a UTF8 file
Дата
Список pgsql-general
> I strongly disagree. The BOM provides a useful and standard way to differentiate UTF-8 encoded text files from the
randompile of encodings that any given file could be.

I agree on the concept, but I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how a "Byte Order Marker" is useful to an 8-bit
encoding.It's not possible to get the byte order wrong in UTF-8, is it?
Yes, being able to mark data as being encoded as UTF-8 is useful, but is a BOM the right tool?

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

От: Alban Hertroys
Сообщение: Re: Expression to construct a anonymous record with named columns?
От: "Carrington, Matthew (Produban)"
Сообщение: Re: pg_upgrade: out of memory