Re: Question about behavior of deletes with REPLICA IDENTITY NOTHING

От Laurenz Albe
Тема Re: Question about behavior of deletes with REPLICA IDENTITY NOTHING
Дата
Re: Question about behavior of deletes with REPLICA IDENTITY NOTHING  (James Coleman <jtc331@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 2024-02-08 at 13:40 +1100, Peter Smith wrote:
> -   how to set the replica identity.  If a table without a replica identity is
> +   how to set the replica identity.  If a table without a replica identity
> +   (or with replica identity behavior the same as <literal>NOTHING</literal>) is
>     added to a publication that replicates <command>UPDATE</command>
>     or <command>DELETE</command> operations then

I had the impression that the root of the confusion was the perceived difference
between "REPLICA IDENTITY NOTHING" and "no replica identity", and that change
doesn't improve that.

How about:

  If a table without a replica identity (explicitly set to <literal>NOTHING</literal>,
  or set to a primary key or index that doesn't exist) is added ...

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

От: Masahiko Sawada
Сообщение: Re: Testing autovacuum wraparound (including failsafe)
От: "Jonathan S. Katz"
Сообщение: Re: 2024-02-08 release announcement draft