Re: Pbm with aggregates on empty output

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Pbm with aggregates on empty output
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Jean-Francois Rabasse <rabasse@lra.ens.fr> writes:
>    => select sum(1) from thetable where thevalue > 10000;
>    pqReadData() -- backend closed the channel unexpectedly.

Strange ... but rather than spend any time debugging 6.5.3,
I'd suggest updating to 7.0.3.  We've fixed an awful lot of bugs
since then.

BTW, what you will actually get is a NULL result, not a zero result.
Don't blame me, blame SQL92, because that's what it specifies for SUM
of no rows :-(

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: COBOL
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: seq scan on a table whereas an index exist