Re: INSERT waiting under heavy load

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: INSERT waiting under heavy load
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
alex-lists-pgsql@yuriev.com writes:
> After digging through all the discussions of "INSERT waiting" problems I am
> still not clear about the concensus about solving it.
> The only thing that I do not particulary like is that every INSERT
> into this table has to adjust a counter column in a corresponding row of the
> (table1) via (table3->table2->table1) path.

Well, if there are only a few rows in table1, then this design is
inherently going to lose big.  Any two transactions trying to update the
same table1 row are going to conflict and one will have to wait for the
other to complete.  Rethink the need for those counters.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: alex-lists-pgsql@yuriev.com
Сообщение: INSERT waiting under heavy load
От: alex-lists-pgsql@yuriev.com
Сообщение: Re: INSERT waiting under heavy load