Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> Because I forgot about cfbot when attaching the patch, cfbot actually ran with
> it under this thread's cf entry.  It does look like an improvement to me:
> https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6397292629458944?logs=test_world#L900
> We certainly can do better, but it's sufficiently better than what we have
> right now. So I'd like to commit it?

No objection here.

>> Would we want to do this in all branches? I'd vote for yes, but ...

> Unless somebody speaks in favor of doing this across branches, I'd just go for
> HEAD.

+1 for HEAD only, especially if we think we might change it some more
later.  It seems possible this might break somebody's tooling if we
drop it into minor releases.

One refinement that comes to mind as I look at the patch is to distinguish
between "check" and "installcheck".  Not sure that's worthwhile, but not
sure it isn't, either.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: [Proposal] Fully WAL logged CREATE DATABASE - No Checkpoints
От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: pgsql: Add 'basebackup_to_shell' contrib module.