Re: BUG #8393: "ERROR: failed to locate grouping columns" on grouping by varchar returned from function

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #8393: "ERROR: failed to locate grouping columns" on grouping by varchar returned from function
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
postgresql@realityexists.net writes:
> CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION test_group_by()
> RETURNS TABLE (my_col varchar(5))
> AS $BODY$
>     SELECT 'hello'::varchar(5);
> $BODY$ LANGUAGE sql STABLE;

> SELECT my_col
> FROM test_group_by()
> GROUP BY 1;

> ERROR:  failed to locate grouping columns

Fixed in our git tree; thanks for the report!

As a workaround in this particular case, you could just not bother with
marking the specific length of the varchar constant.  The function
definition essentially ignores the length, storing only "varchar" as the
result column type, and it's the discrepancy between that and the
declaration of the constant that's tickling the bug.

От: Thomas Kellerer
Сообщение: Re: BUG #8394: SQL command REINDEX doesn't work
От: Bruce Momjian
Сообщение: Re: BUG #7652: Documentation index lacks functions from "Additional Supplied Modules"