Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit
Дата
Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 03/09/2015 09:11 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>> I object on the grounds that we're three weeks past the deadline for
>> the last CommitFest, and that we should be trying to get committed
>> those patches that were submitted on time, not writing new ones that
>> will further increase the amount of reviewing that needs to be done
>> before we can get to beta, and perhaps the bug count of that
>> eventually when it arrives.  In particular, I think that the fact that
>> you haven't made more of an effort to give the GROUPING SETS patch a
>> more detailed review is quite unfair to Andrew Gierth.  But regardless
>> of that, this is untimely and should be pushed to 9.6.

>  From the reading the original post it seems like the patch was
> developed on Sales Force's time, not TGLs. I do not think we get to have
> an opinion on that.

JD sees the situation correctly: this is $dayjob work, and it's going
to get done now not in four months because I have a deadline to meet.
I would like to push it into the community sources to reduce divergence
between our copy and Salesforce's, but if I'm told it has to wait till
9.6, I may or may not remember to try to do something then.

I will admit that I'm been slacking on commitfest work.  This is not
unrelated to the fact that we've been in commitfest mode continuously
since last August.  I'm afraid whatever enthusiasm I had for reviewing
other peoples' patches burned out some time ago.

От: Petr Jelinek
Сообщение: Re: Using 128-bit integers for sum, avg and statistics aggregates
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Rethinking the parameter access hooks for plpgsql's benefit