Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner

От Andrew Dunstan
Тема Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers

On 2023-02-12 Su 11:24, Tom Lane wrote:
... then you could do     pgindent `git dirty`
The only danger would be if there were no dirty files. Maybe we need a
switch to inhibit using the current directory if there are no command
line files.
It seems like "indent the whole tree" is about to become a minority
use-case.  Maybe instead of continuing to privilege that case, we
should say that it's invoked by some new switch like --all-files,
and without that only the stuff identified by command-line arguments
gets processed.

I don't think we need --all-files. The attached gets rid of the build and code-base cruft, which is now in any case obsolete given we've put pg_bsd_indent in our code base. So the way to spell this instead of "pgindent --all-files" would be "pgindent ."

I added a warning if there are no files at all specified.

cheers

andrew

--
Andrew Dunstan
EDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: pgindent vs variable declaration across multiple lines
От: Justin Pryzby
Сообщение: Re: run pgindent on a regular basis / scripted manner