Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
Дата
Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Dmitry Shalashov <skaurus@gmail.com> writes:
> Let say that I have some sql file with like hundred of simple statements in
> it. I `cat` it, copy it to buffer, go to my beloved psql and insert it
> there.
> But somewhere after first few lines it screws over:

Yeah, I've noticed there's a limit on the amount you can paste into psql,
at least on some platforms.  AFAICT this must be a readline
bug/limitation, or maybe something about the X cutbuffer protocol;
there's nothing in psql itself that would even know that a paste is
happening.

You might have better luck with "psql -n", or maybe not.

От: Melvin Davidson
Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql
От: Sameer Kumar
Сообщение: Re: pasting a lot of commands to psql