Re: question about index cost estimates

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: question about index cost estimates
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Chris Bitmead <chrisb@nimrod.itg.telstra.com.au> writes:
> On the postgres side, what if you actually made the cache _smaller_,
> only caching important stuff like system tables or indexes. You yourself
> said it doesn't matter if you get it from the cache or the kernel, so
> why not let the kernel do it and prevent double buffering?

In fact I don't think it's productive to use an extremely large -B
setting.  This is something that easily could be settled by experiment
--- do people actually see any significant improvement in performance
from increasing -B above, say, a few hundred?

От: Peter Mount
Сообщение: RE: MSSQL7 & PostgreSQL 7.0
От: Thomas Lockhart
Сообщение: Re: LONG: How to migrate data from MS-SQL7 to PostgreSQL 7.0