Re: Backend often crashing

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Backend often crashing
Дата
Re: Backend often crashing  (Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@dcc.uchile.cl>)
Список pgsql-general
Dennis Gearon <gearond@cvc.net> writes:
> WOW,
>     Open source at it's best. A guy has a problem, goes through all the functions,
> delivers the suspects, and another open source worker gets it fixed, in less
> than 24 hours.
>     What a way of life :-)

IMHO, the *real* advantage of open source is that Guido can patch it for
himself, without having to wait for us to put out a new release.

This is something that I think RPM distribution largely loses.
Certainly if you only know how to install binary RPMs, you're dependent
on the upstream folks to propagate fixes.  It might be okay if you build
from a source RPM --- can anyone comment on how hard it is to merge
locally-supplied diffs into a source RPM?  I've never tried to ...

От: Dennis Gearon
Сообщение: Re: Backend often crashing
От: David Fetter
Сообщение: Re: Anyone know of a news group for mysql?