Re: Transactions and "create or replace function"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Transactions and "create or replace function"
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Ron Mayer <rm_pg@cheapcomplexdevices.com> writes:
> I would have expected that since the CREATE OR REPLACE was
> in a separate connection, and hense a separate transaction,
> that all the results of the select() will have been processed
> by the same function.

System catalog accesses are generally done with SnapshotNow semantics
--- in particular, lookups for function definitions will be done that
way.  Although the PL languages all cache function definitions, they go
out of their way to verify that the cache is still up-to-date each time
it is used.  I don't recall the exact example that made us conclude we
had to act that way, but it's unlikely to be changed.

От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1618: EXTRACTing EPOCH from TIME WITH TIME ZONE is broken
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: BUG #1620: triggers breaks with alter table (at least with plpythonu)