Re: type privileges and default privileges

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: type privileges and default privileges
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> To actually get rid of acldefault, we'd have to do that not only for
>> types but for all objects with ACLs.  That's a LOT of catalog bulk,
>> and like Robert I'm not seeing much benefit.  It's not unreasonable
>> to want the typical case to be small and fast.

> A LOT of catalog bulk..?  Am I missing something here?

What I'm missing is what actual benefit we get from spending the extra
space.  (No, I don't believe that changing the defaults is something
that users commonly will or should do; it's certainly not the case to
optimize for.)

От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Enable CHECK constraints to be declared NOT VALID
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: type privileges and default privileges