Re: analyze-error: "cannot compare arrays of different element types" revisited

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: analyze-error: "cannot compare arrays of different element types" revisited
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Florian G. Pflug" <fgp@phlo.org> writes:
> Since postgres disallows empty array literals (array[] gives an syntax
> error), I guess creating empty array by removing the last element is
> quite hackish too... Will empty arrays be eventually supported, or will
> they be forbidden entirely (e.g, making "array[1] - 1" return null)?

They're supported now, but you have to write something like
since "array[]" doesn't provide any context for guessing the intended
array element type.

От: Bruno Wolff III
Сообщение: Re: sorting problem
От: Jerry LeVan
Сообщение: Re: OSX 10.3.7 broke Postgresql 8.0.0b5?