Re: allow running parts of src/tools/msvc/ under not Windows

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: allow running parts of src/tools/msvc/ under not Windows
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 02:24:43PM +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> When making build system changes that risk breaking the MSVC build system,
>>> it's useful to be able to run the part of the MSVC build tools that read the
>>> makefiles and produce the project files under a not-Windows platform.

> With v2 I'm able to successfully run mkvcbuild.pl on linux and macos.  I don't
> have any knowledge on compiling with windows, so I can't really judge what it's
> been doing.

Yeah, I'm wondering exactly how this helps.  IME the typical sort of
breakage is "the MSVC build doesn't know that file X needs to be
included when building Y".  It seems like just building the project
files will teach one nothing about that type of omission.

I don't have any particular objection to the patch as given, it
just doesn't sound helpful for me.

От: Ashutosh Bapat
Сообщение: Re: LOCK TABLE and DROP TABLE on temp tables of other sessions
От: Alvaro Herrera
Сообщение: Re: Getting rid of some more lseek() calls