Re: query log corrupted-looking entries

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: query log corrupted-looking entries
Дата
Re: query log corrupted-looking entries  ("Ed L." <pgsql@bluepolka.net>)
Список pgsql-general
"George Pavlov" <gpavlov@mynewplace.com> writes:
> On 5/29/2007 10:19 AM, Ed L. wrote:
>> FWIW, I've also been seeing this sort of query log corruption for
>> as long as I can remember, 7.1 through 8.2, HPUX (parisc, ia64),
>> Linux on intel, amd...

What *exactly* is the logging setup you guys use, and have you tried
alternatives?

As best I can tell, the variant with a downstream syslogger process
ought to be OK for messages up to PIPEBUF bytes long on most standard
Unixen.  Of course that's no help if you've got lots of very verbose
queries, but the examples posted so far didn't seem to indicate that.

От: PFC
Сообщение: Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
От: "Tyler Durden"
Сообщение: Re: Seq Scan