Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
> On 2018-11-05 16:32:20 -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
>> It's injected via the TEMP_CONFIG env variable.

> Ah, thanks.  Is there any good reason to not instead have it in the
> script?

Why that script in particular?  If you don't want fsync, you likely
don't want it across the entire check-world run.  The TEMP_CONFIG
thing is a hack no doubt, but it gets the job done globally.  Also,
if you *do* want fsync, there's one place to turn it back on.  I'm
not a fan of individual tests deciding they know what to do.

От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?
От: Andres Freund
Сообщение: Re: Why do pg_upgrade's test use the serial schedule?