Re: "README" mentions "INSTALL" but this file doesn't exist in git checkout

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: "README" mentions "INSTALL" but this file doesn't exist in git checkout
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Kevin Burke <kevin@meter.com> writes:
> I'm attempting to get started with Postgres development. I checked out the
> Postgres git sources from https://github.com/postgres/postgres. The README
> notes:

>> See the file INSTALL for instructions on how to build and install
>> PostgreSQL.  That file also lists supported operating systems and
>> hardware platforms and contains information regarding any other
>> software packages that are required to build or run the PostgreSQL
>> system.

> Unfortunately this file doesn't exist in the sources.

Indeed, it's built documentation.  But you should have read the
adjacent file README.git instead.

От: Kevin Burke
Сообщение: "README" mentions "INSTALL" but this file doesn't exist in git checkout
От: Kevin Burke
Сообщение: Re: "README" mentions "INSTALL" but this file doesn't exist in git checkout