Re: mailing list redirect for bug numbers?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: mailing list redirect for bug numbers?
Дата
Список pgsql-www
> * Tom Lane (tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us) wrote:
>> Agreed.  If we have bug numbers assigned to messages that aren't bugs,
>> or are replies to bugs, it's just going to be a mess.

> In my suggestion, replies to bugs that are sent by a sensible MUA would
> have the bug # of the bug being replied to-

Uh, how?  Assuming that "your suggestion" refers to the 'X-Pg-BugId'
idea, I think the chances of that being included in replies are nil.

> In other words, we'd add a header like:
> And then be able to use links like:
> https://postgr.es/p/pgsql-hackers/123453

Seems like this is reinventing message-ids, and not very well either,
since copies received via a direct cc: rather than via the list would
lack the field.  (Hence, you're mistaken to claim this would be
locally searchable.)

> Just to wrap this up, what I'm trying to get at is that I'd rather we
> try to solve for the specific issue that came up rather than building a
> solution on something that's already only a partial answer to begin
> with, in that we often want to link from the commits to discussions on
> -hackers or to emails to -bugs that didn't have a bug # and those aren't
> addressed with this particular approach.

The existing solution is "use the message-id", and that seems to work
well enough.  Yes, gmail's message-ids are annoyingly long, but that
seems like only a cosmetic objection.  I'm not seeing anything here that
really looks like it'd be an improvement.

            regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-www по дате отправления:

От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: mailing list redirect for bug numbers?
От: Stephen Frost
Сообщение: Re: mailing list redirect for bug numbers?