Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
Дата
Список pgsql-sql

This thread seems to have gone off on a tangent that depends on the
assumption that the above is a correct statement.  It's not.  It *was*
true, in SQL92, but SQL99 lets you omit unnecessary GROUP BY columns.

The gripe against mysql, I think, is that they don't enforce the
conditions that guarantee the query will give a unique result.

The gripe against postgres is that we haven't implemented the SQL99
semantics yet.
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: "Anthony Molinaro"
Сообщение: Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause
От: "Anthony Molinaro"
Сообщение: Re: pg, mysql comparison with "group by" clause