Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"
Дата
Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"  (Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de>)
Список pgsql-bugs
> On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 11:55 AM, Kouber Saparev <kouber@gmail.com> wrote:
>> For some reason using an error code of 'deprecated_feature' does not work,
>> while its equivalent '01P01' works just fine.

> While I haven't looked at the source code or docs for this I'm wondering
> why you believe this is a bug in the first place.

This isn't specific to ERRCODE_WARNING_DEPRECATED_FEATURE; if you look
at generate-plerrcodes.pl you'll see it only collects error codes, not
warning codes, for use in plpgsql's mapping table.  It's documented, too:
Appendix A says

    (Note that PL/pgSQL does not recognize warning, as opposed to error,
    condition names; those are classes 00, 01, and 02.)

I'm not entirely sure why we have this errcode at all, as it doesn't
seem to be used anywhere.

От: Jeff Janes
Сообщение: Re: Build or update inarray GIST index very slow.
От: Kouber Saparev
Сообщение: Re: Unrecognized exception condition "deprecated_feature"