Re: A question about wording in messages

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: A question about wording in messages
Дата
Re: A question about wording in messages  (Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> writes:
> I saw the following message recently modified.
>> This controls the maximum distance we can read ahead in the WAL to prefetch referenced data blocks.
> Maybe the "we" means "PostgreSQL program and you" but I see it
> somewhat out of place.

+1, I saw that today and thought it was outside our usual style.
The whole thing is awfully verbose for a GUC description, too.
Maybe

"Maximum distance to read ahead in WAL to prefetch data blocks."

От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: A question about wording in messages
От: Kyotaro Horiguchi
Сообщение: A small typo