Re: cannot open pg_database

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: cannot open pg_database
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim Bryan <gooddayarizona@yahoo.com> writes:
> Installing with yum, Fedora core 5.  Get error: "could
> not open file "global/pg_database": No such file or
> directory.

It seems pretty odd that that would be the first error.

"   The file exists however, in
> /var/lib/pgsql/data/global and contains 3 lines:

OK ...

> bash-3.1$ su -c 'pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
> -l serverlog' postgres

/usr/local is not /var/lib.  Perhaps you have an incomplete/corrupt
database installation under /usr/local/pgsql/data?  I don't believe
the postmaster would start if there were nothing there at all, but
it certainly doesn't try very hard to check whether every required
file is present.

От: John Gunther
Сообщение: Re: Locale, encoding, sort order confusion
От: "John D. Burger"
Сообщение: Re: Queries joining views