Re: buildfarm: strange OOM failures on markhor (running CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: buildfarm: strange OOM failures on markhor (running CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY)
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Tomas Vondra <tv@fuzzy.cz> writes:
> ... then of course the usual 'terminating connection because of crash of
> another server process' warning. Apparently, it's getting killed by the
> OOM killer, because it exhausts all the memory assigned to that VM (2GB).

Can you fix things so it runs into its process ulimit before the OOM killer
triggers?  Then we'd get a memory map dumped to stderr, which would be
helpful in localizing the problem.

> ... So this seems like a
> memory leak somewhere in the cache invalidation code.

Smells that way to me too, but let's get some more evidence.

От: Tomas Vondra
Сообщение: buildfarm: strange OOM failures on markhor (running CLOBBER_CACHE_RECURSIVELY)
От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: buildfarm animals and 'snapshot too old'