Re: psql: Make SSL info display more compact

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: psql: Make SSL info display more compact
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> writes:
> On 28 Feb 2022, at 12:56, Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> On 28.02.22 11:50, Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker wrote:
>>> How about making it show "compression: on" if compression is on, but
>>> nothing in the common "off" case?

>> That would work for me.

> On POLA grounds I would prefer to never to show it.  If we ever get libpq
> compression and want to show that, I'd prefer that we didn't end up
> "compression" meaning one thing except when it means two things.

Well, any such output would presumably be on a different line and
thus distinguishable from the SSL property; plus, it'd be impossible
for both forms to show up in the same connection.

However, how about writing "SSL compression: on" versus writing
nothing?  That avoids doubt about what it means.  I don't buy
Michael's argument that this is ambiguous, either.

От: Sergei Kornilov
Сообщение: definition of CalculateMaxmumSafeLSN
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: real/float example for testlibpq3