Re: is there a relationship between indexes and temporary file creation?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: is there a relationship between indexes and temporary file creation?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Seref Arikan <serefarikan@kurumsalteknoloji.com> writes:
> Another idea that popped into my head is to consider table partitioning. Am
> I correct to assume that (inevitable) joins could benefit from partitions
> when sub query criteria constraints results to a particular partition?

That's too vague to answer really.  My suspicion is that you'd still end
up having to modify the queries, ie hand-factoring the joins, but maybe
you wouldn't need to.  You could experiment easily enough; just set up a
toy database with not much data in it and see if you get plans that don't
scan all the partitions.

От: Robert James
Сообщение: How do I calculate the sum of a field filtered by multiple windows defined by another field?
От: Seref Arikan
Сообщение: Re: is there a relationship between indexes and temporary file creation?