Re: Desperate: View not using indexes (very slow)

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Desperate: View not using indexes (very slow)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Jen Sale <js@slipt.net> writes:
> can someone please tell me what we did wrong?

Joins against union subqueries aren't handled very well at the moment.
(As it happens, I'm working on that exact problem right now for 8.2,
but that won't help you today.)

The plan indicates that you are using UNION rather than UNION ALL,
which is not helping any.  Do you really need duplicate elimination
in that view?

От: Jen Sale
Сообщение: Desperate: View not using indexes (very slow)
От: Charles Sprickman
Сообщение: Re: Huge Data sets, simple queries