Re: ALTER TABLE with USING clause for timestamp

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: ALTER TABLE with USING clause for timestamp
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Josh Trutwin <josh@trutwins.homeip.net> writes:
> I have a column in a table defined as type TEXT and I'd like to
> convert to a TIME type - I tried this:
> ALTER TABLE t1 ALTER COLUMN tcol TYPE TIME WITHOUT TIME ZONE;
> which throws:
> ERROR:  column "tcol" cannot be cast to type "pg_catalog.time"

You just need to cast it explicitly --- to prevent surprises, ALTER
COLUMN TYPE won't implicitly do anything there's no implicit cast for.

ALTER TABLE t1 ALTER COLUMN tcol TYPE TIME USING tcol::TIME;

От: Robert Treat
Сообщение: Re: Postgres development
От: "James B. Byrne"
Сообщение: Re: MySQL to Postgres question