Re: BUG #18244: Corruption in indexes involving whole-row expressions

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #18244: Corruption in indexes involving whole-row expressions
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> writes:
> Should we forbid composite types in index declarations?  Sounds posssible,
> but very restrictive.

That would make a lot of people very sad, I fear.

I think a minimum answer could be to document that you might need to
REINDEX such indexes after a change in the composite type.  We could
perhaps try to be more proactive, say by marking such indexes invalid.
I think though that that would have deadlock problems as well as race
conditions.  Perhaps best to leave it at "reindex when necessary",
especially in view of the tiny number of reports to date.

От: Laurenz Albe
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18244: Corruption in indexes involving whole-row expressions
От: Aksel Allas
Сообщение: Re: BUG #18242: pg_dump with non-superuser from pg14 to pg15 fails on ALTER FUNCTION