Re: /Var Partition Full - How can a change PGDATA?

От Luiz Eduardo Cantanhede Neri
Тема Re: /Var Partition Full - How can a change PGDATA?
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Hi Flávio,

Try to check your bash.rc, pg data my be setting there. If it dont try to export the new value of pg data from there. When the system reboot try to echo $PGDATA and check if it has the correct value.

[]'s
Luiz Eduardo Neri

2009/10/9 Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>
Hi

2009/10/7 Professor Flávio Brito <prof.flaviobrito@gmail.com>:
> Hi Michael and List
>
> I did  ln -sf /sistema/postgresql /var/lib/pgsql ; chown -h
> postgres.postgres pgsql
>
> as you told me, but without success.

Did you get the same error message or a different one?

> In my command list I copied to a right place (my command list omitted it )
> at the second try
>
> #cd /var/lib/pgsql
> #cp -pr data /sistema/postgresql

> New PGDATA
> /sistema/postgresql/data
>
> Old PGDATA
> /var/lib/pgsql (renamed to /var/lib/pgsql_old
> I created postgresql at  /etc/sysconfig/pgsql/

So it wasn't there previously?

> PGDATA=/sistema/postgresql/data
> PGPORT=3456

You could try running /etc/init.d/postgresql as follows to see more
details about what it is doing:

sh -x /etc/init.d/postgresql

Maybe it will help to understand what is going wrong.

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

От: Michael Wood
Сообщение: Re: /Var Partition Full - How can a change PGDATA?
От: "Jonathan Harden"
Сообщение: Functions which use an argument to decide which table to read