Re: UPPER()/LOWER() and UTF-8

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: UPPER()/LOWER() and UTF-8
Дата
Re: UPPER()/LOWER() and UTF-8  (Alexey Mahotkin <alexm@w-m.ru>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Alexey Mahotkin <alexm@w-m.ru> writes:
> I'm running Postgresql 7.3.4 with ru_RU.UTF-8 locale (with UNICODE
> database encoding), and all is almost well, except that UPPER() and
> LOWER() seem to ignore locale.

upper/lower aren't going to work desirably in any multi-byte character
set encoding.  I think Peter E. is looking into what it would take to
fix this for 7.5, but at present you are going to need to use a
single-byte encoding within the server.  (Nothing to stop you from using
UTF-8 on the client side though.)

От: Dave Cramer
Сообщение: Re: Open Sourcing pgManage
От: Tom Lane
Сообщение: Re: Hacking PostgreSQL to work in Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther 7B85)