Re: BUG #14101: Postgres Service Crashes With Memory Error And Does Not Recover

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: BUG #14101: Postgres Service Crashes With Memory Error And Does Not Recover
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
nathanmascitelli@geotab.com writes:
> I am running Postgres 9.4 on Windows Server 2012. I have had postgres crash
> a few times with the following error:
>     FATAL:  could not reattach to shared memory (key=00000000000000D0,
> addr=00000001405E0000): error code 1455

Hm, that's an odd one.  According to
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms681385(v=vs.85).aspx
that is

ERROR_COMMITMENT_LIMIT
1455 (0x5AF)
The paging file is too small for this operation to complete.

which suggests that this is a resource-exhaustion type of problem.
How many backend processes are you trying to run concurrently,
and what else is running on the machine?

От: Prashant Hunnure
Сообщение: Postgresql 9.4 installation error
От: Nathan Mascitelli
Сообщение: Re: BUG #14101: Postgres Service Crashes With Memory Error And Does Not Recover