Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Joel Rees <joel@alpsgiken.gr.jp> writes:
> During the bootup monologue, in the middle of init-ing the usual daemon
> processes, I suddenly get a Password: prompt. I enter the postgres
> user's password for the one database I'm running, and pgsql prints its
> name out and boot proceeds otherwise normally.

Is your boot script launching the postmaster via "pg_ctl"?  If so, try
telling pg_ctl not to wait for the postmaster to start (-W option I
think)

> I should note that after logging in, I usually sudo -u postgres tcsh,
> and use pg_ctl from there, and I never get prompted for the password.

That seems odd if you do get prompted during boot.  Mind telling us
exactly what you've got in pg_hba.conf?

От: Dennis Gearon
Сообщение: length of login names
От: Sean Chittenden
Сообщение: Re: pgsql password when FreeBSD boots -- what's usual?