Re: Feature bug dumpall CREATE ROLE postgres

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: Feature bug dumpall CREATE ROLE postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
> On 2024-02-28 We 17:36, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Hmm ... pg_dump has never used any DO blocks in its output, and
>> I'm not sure it's a great idea to start.  Seems like the kind of
>> decision we could regret down the road, given the possible need
>> for pg_restore to parse the output.

> This is only for pg_dumpall. pg_restore shouldn't care.

Yeah, fair point.  I've long thought that we should get pg_dumpall
to emit something more structured than "big SQL script", but I'm
not holding my breath for that to happen.

Still, I'm a bit leery of the idea.  Isn't plpgsql supposed to be
optional/droppable?  I guess we could tell people who don't want it
that they can't drop it until after restoring their old data,
but still ...

От: Andrew Dunstan
Сообщение: Re: Feature bug dumpall CREATE ROLE postgres
От: ocean_li_996
Сообщение: Re:Re: BUG #18369: logical decoding core on AssertTXNLsnOrder()