Re: PG 8.2beta reordering working for this case?

От Tom Lane
Тема Re: PG 8.2beta reordering working for this case?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Kyle Bateman <kyle@actarg.com> writes:
> Is there a way to make the optimizer do this?

Sorry, that's not happening for 8.2.  Consider using a union all (not
union) across the subledg_N tables directly and then joining to that.
That boils down to being a partitioning case and I think probably will
be covered by the 8.2 improvements.  There isn't any understanding of
how to commute joins and unions though ... (offhand I'm not even sure
of the conditions under which such a thing would be safe).
        regards, tom lane

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Kyle Bateman
Сообщение: PG 8.2beta reordering working for this case?
От: "Dirk Jagdmann"
Сообщение: optimal insert